• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
not sure
Fresh Boarder

Re: Furthur's Beacon Run vs the Dead's MSG Run

#177299 2 years ago
First off, i don't care what you think about me. Lets get that out in the open right now.
I didn't come here to "get a reaction" or to start shit, i just put my opinion out there like everyone else. Grow up. Yea yea i'm a bit harsh, maybe john and the rest of you should grow some thicker skin.
To answer the question "would you rather them just quit?" Answer: Yes. I would. I liked ratdog, and phil & friends better.
Maybe i just have the luck of catching furthur on off nights? I don't know. They don't do it for me.
So say what you want about me but just remember, i'm just being a critic and typing my opinion. Iam not here trying to change your mind, don;t try and change mine.
If you are going to try and insult me then put a lot of thought into the words you choose, i get paid to argue and win so proceed with caution.
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#177306 2 years ago
OK stud i will poke a big hole in your "critique" You say Furthur on their best day doesn't compare to GD on their worst day. Have you heard every single show from both bands? If the answer is no i have already crushed your argument because you could not possibly make that statement and be 100% certain. Also it is an opinion which can never be argued as right or wrong in that sense. Is there a God? Your answer to that question would have about as much validity as the other since you can't prove either. whoever pays you to argue pays you too much. And BTW you sound like a 13 yr old with your attitude
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Sugaree1.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#177315 2 years ago
Fair enough not sure. I agree that you have every right to your opinion. And you have every right to utilize your skills and talents to argue your point.

You clearly do not like Furthur and do not like John. Ok.

No worries man.

IMHO, I don't see this forum as I place for me to argue my point, your point or anyone else's point for that. I rather like to use the forum to share my enjoyment of the music, the musicians and the community.

Brings me peace and serenity each day in a world filled with too much conflict.

I hope you have or find music that you like!! Good luck brotha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, mortimer, mja4wp
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#177317 2 years ago
not sure wrote:
First off, i don't care what you think about me. Lets get that out in the open right now.
I didn't come here to "get a reaction" or to start shit, i just put my opinion out there like everyone else. Grow up. Yea yea i'm a bit harsh, maybe john and the rest of you should grow some thicker skin.
To answer the question "would you rather them just quit?" Answer: Yes. I would. I liked ratdog, and phil & friends better.
Maybe i just have the luck of catching furthur on off nights? I don't know. They don't do it for me.
So say what you want about me but just remember, i'm just being a critic and typing my opinion. Iam not here trying to change your mind, don;t try and change mine.
If you are going to try and insult me then put a lot of thought into the words you choose, i get paid to argue and win so proceed with caution.

dude, I'm sure of one thing, you are an idiot with an idiotic opinion, you do realize the dead's music was constructed in a way to allow jerry to "shine" in his own way? (think estimated prophet e.g.), you do realize bob and phil are keeping the good vibes going that they started 40 years ago ? you do realize ratdog was better than nothing, but totally sucked compared to furthur, right?
go hate somewhere else, this board is for spreading the love and good vibes furthur brings, not your "fake jerry" bs
ps, I saw over 80 GD shows from 83-95, over 20 JGB shows and some weir projects also
"I get paid to argue and win", how's that law degree working for ya, ambulance chaser ??
rebuttal ?
-- smell every flower --
Last Edit: 2 years ago by kevin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#177321 2 years ago
not sure wrote:

You are most certainly entitled to your opinion and stating your opinion but don't give me that baloney that you didn't come here to get a reaction or start shit. That's exactly what you did and that's fine and all but you had to know people were going to get riled up. And telling people to grow thicker skin is a cop out.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
not sure
Fresh Boarder

#177329 2 years ago
"dude, I'm sure of one thing, you are an idiot with an idiotic opinion, you do realize the dead's music was constructed in a way to allow jerry to "shine" in his own way? (think estimated prophet e.g.), you do realize bob and phil are keeping the good vibes going that they started 40 years ago ? you do realize ratdog was better than nothing, but totally sucked compared to furthur, right?
go hate somewhere else, this board is for spreading the love and good vibes furthur brings, not your "fake jerry" bs
ps, I saw over 80 GD shows from 83-95, over 20 JGB shows and some weir projects also
"I get paid to argue and win", how's that law degree working for ya, ambulance chasing loser ??
rebuttal ? "

How mature of you. I bet your mom still cleans your room for you. I have been to over 250 dead shows from hershey 85 to soldier field 95, so what. . I never called anyone an idiot or a loser though.
Last Edit: 2 years ago by not sure.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#177332 2 years ago
not sure wrote:
"dude, I'm sure of one thing, you are an idiot with an idiotic opinion, you do realize the dead's music was constructed in a way to allow jerry to "shine" in his own way? (think estimated prophet e.g.), you do realize bob and phil are keeping the good vibes going that they started 40 years ago ? you do realize ratdog was better than nothing, but totally sucked compared to furthur, right?
"I get paid to argue and win", how's that law degree working for ya, ambulance chasing loser ??
rebuttal ? "

How mature of you. I bet your mom still cleans your room for you. I have been to over 250 dead shows from hershey 85 to soldier field 95, so what. . I never called anyone an idiot or a loser though.

your first line said "I dont care what you think of me" I made many valid points, you obviously get paid to tell people "your mom still cleans your room", great response, thanks for visiting, stop back anytime

Asking this question is like asking who would win a fight between gary coleman and andre the giant. = they're both dead, it would be a draw
-- smell every flower --
Last Edit: 2 years ago by kevin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#177342 2 years ago
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
the day after the end of Furthur's finest tour yet and this yahoo wants to pee in the sandbox, not cool, but like he said, who give's a crap about his opinion anyway
-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#177380 2 years ago
I like the troll picture, I agree! We have one here in Seattle lives under a bridge.

Good article, I enjoyed it, can't say I know enough to always agree or disagree with some of the technical points but it does point out some interesting comparisons. Music can bring joy, that's why I like listening. Can't go back in the past.

I heard the saying once " don't spend to much time looking in the rear view mirror, you can' see where you are going"

J
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#177498 2 years ago
edwatts wrote:
I just posted an analysis of Furthur's 8-night run at the Beacon this past April to the Grateful Dead's 9-night run at Madison Square Garden in 1991 on my blog:

rockandrollnerd.wordpress.com/2012/07/17...-square-garden-1991/

I would love to get your feedback.

Thanks!
-Ed

This is an ancient relief depicting a “dancing maened”. Many art historians consider it a work of beauty. To the ancient Greeks it had a sacred quality, as the maeneds were worshippers of the god Dionysus, who celebrated the god’s rites through song and dance. It is currently housed just across Central Park from the Beacon Theatre in one of the world’s most renowned museums, the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Most people would concede that it achieves at least something in the aesthetic realm. What do you think?

Now let me tell you this: it’s a Roman copy of the Greek original. Does that make you think it’s ugly? Clearly the experts at the Met didn’t think so. And there’s a reason that such a preeminent institution would decide to proudly display a Roman copy of Greek art. The original has been lost. In this case it’s the only way for us to experience this particular piece.
In the same way, no one can truly experience the original Grateful Dead live in concert anymore, so perhaps we should sit back and enjoy the “Roman” equivalent. Obviously I would prefer to attend a concert in which Jerry Garcia is at the helm rather than John K, but as far as I understand the laws of the universe, that’s not an option at this current point in time.

I've read some of your blogs before, and always enjoyed them. The quote in italics above is pure genius and cuts to the point so much that the rest of the article is truly unnecessary, even though it's an interesting read.

I did 6 of the '91 nights and only one of the '12 nights, and would have gone to more of the 12's if situations allowed. It's all just a different yet familiar thing, meant to be enjoyed in the moment and not compared. It's improvisational music designed to be continually reinvented.
These are the good old days!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: songsfrown, mja4wp
Time to create page: 7.17 seconds